You will learn
- A refresher of how to choose your size from a commercial pattern
- How to make simple fit adjustments
- How to lengthen/shorten trouser lengths using the pattern guides
- How to sew pockets
- How to insert a zip
- How to interface and attach a waistband
- How to hem trousers
Thursday 2nd April
Thursday 9th April
Thursday 16th April
Thursday 23rd April
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- A copy of McCalls 6930 sewing pattern
- Fusible interfacing to complete your waistband
- Use of all top Prym tools, equipment and Brother sewing machines
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
- 1.1m - 2.1m fabric, depending on the width and the size you are making. Please get in touch and we can advise on exact requirements. Pattern size range is 6-22, if you fall outside of these sizes, please get in touch.
- Suggested fabrics medium weight woven such as cotton blends, sateen and denim. Fabrics with a small amount of stretch are ideal.
- 7" zip (longer zips are ok as they can easily be shortened to size)
- 2 hook and eye closures
When Dee's parents realised that she adored all things sewing related, they gave her an electric sewing machine for her 9th birthday and her first sewing teacher was her dear mum who just happened to be a seamstress.
Dee has had a lengthy career in the clothing industry working as a sample machinist, sample cutter, pattern drafter and bridal alteration specialist before she decided to become a mature student and study for a BSc in Clothing Management and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Valuable teaching experience was gained as a visiting tutor for BA fashion students at Birmingham City University. In 2017 she also taught in Haiti as the lead tutor for an oversees aid work charity (LVE Haiti) where she successfully set up a sewing school.
Hobbies include sewing her own tailored clothes, knitting baby cardigans, travelling to tropical destinations, shopping and going to the gym.