You will learn
- How to set the machine up for free machine embroidery including what needles and feet to use
- How to use a combination of threads including viscose and metallic thread
- How to decorate a painted design
- Bonding silk and using a soldering iron
- How to use thick threads in the bobbin to create a cable stitch effect
- Trapunto with a twist - using organza and thread to create a 3D effect on the fabric
- How to create merino wool roses
- How to problem solve and trouble shoot should you experience any issues when trying the techniques at home
- All materials, threads and embellishments
- Use of sewing machines, feet and sewing tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch of visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
- You will leave with several samples of the different techniques learned during the day which you can use for inspiration and reference when creating your own designs at home
You will need to bring
Everything is included in this workshop but if you have any special fabrics or threads you'd like to incorporate into your work, then please feel free to bring them along.
After three years at Bishop Otter College, Chichester, Claire received a First Class Honours degree in Art and Related Arts, giving her the opportunity for a further year's postgraduate study in the Textiles Department of Glasgow school of art.
Subsequent employment as a designer of headdresses and accessories for Stageworks Worldwide Productions enabled her to experiment with and to evaluate the potential of a wide range of techniques and materials. The experience and knowledge she amassed during this period she has since developed further as displayed in her current creations.
Claire exhibits her work and demonstrates her skills at exhibitions countrywide. She has written articles for Workshop on the Web, Stitch Magazine and Sewing World Magazine
Claire is also a regular tutor at the prestigious Denman Womens Institute College in Oxford.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.