You will learn
- How to mark and cut out your leather sections using pre-made templates
- How to create stitching holes in the leather and sole with a leather punch
- How to attach your leather uppers to the rubber soles by hand stitching with a running stitch and a cross stitch.
This class is suitable for those new to working with leather and sewing.
However, please note that the leather is a strong, firm material to work with and you will need good dexterity and hand strength to be able to handle the punch pliers and complete the hand sewing.
During the workshop we will aim to get all the holes punched in both soles and a good chunk of the hand sewing completed on one shoe. Depending on your skill level you will have to finish the other shoe at home with your needle and instruction sheet.
- A pair of Sneakerkit white rubber soles and leather topped insoles in your chosen size. Size range is 36.5, 37.5, 39, 40, 41.5, 43, 44.5. This a fixed uni-sex size range. It is very important to let us know the size you would like before the workshop. After booking we will send you a template of the sole so you can check what size will be most suitable for you.
- Waxed cotton thread
- A special long leather needle to take home and finish off your trainers as needed
- A pair of white flat trainer laces (depending on your leather choice you may want to change these at home but this pair will mean you can start wearing you shoes right away!)
- A selection of leather in bright and neutral colours so you can have two tone trainers if you like. If you have a particular colour of leather in mind then you are welcome to bring along your own leather.
- Instruction sheet and templates in your chosen size
- Use of all top tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
All materials and tools are included but if you would like a particular colour of leather then we suggest sourcing some online or if you are local to Birmingham you can visit Manorside Fabrics in Redditch. They have a large warehouse of leather in lots of colours. The leather must be 2mm thick.
If you would like to purchase an additional pair of soles to make another pair at home, these will be priced at £46 and that will include the lower and upper sole, waxed cotton thread and an additional needle. Leather can be sourced separately from other suppliers as we currently don't stock leather to buy in the shop.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.