You will learn
- How to take key body measurements and choose a size
- How to make simple pattern adjustments to the length and shape
- How to interpret pattern symbols and markings
- How to accurately cut out your fabric
- How to sew seams and finish off the inside edges
- How to insert a standard zip
- How to hem the skirt
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- A paper pattern in your chosen size that you can take home to make more skirts with
- Instruction sheet
- Use of all top tools, equipment and machines
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- Medium weight cotton fabric or light weight woollen fabric
- For a standard length size 8 - 20, you will need 2m of 112cm (45") wide fabric or 1m - 1.7m of 150cm (60") wide - please get in touch if you have any questions.
- Matching thread
- 8 inch regular zip
When Dee's parents realised that she adored all things sewing related, they gave her an electric sewing machine for her 9th birthday and her first sewing teacher was her dear mum who just happened to be a seamstress.
Dee has had a lengthy career in the clothing industry working as a sample machinist, sample cutter, pattern drafter and bridal alteration specialist before she decided to become a mature student and study for a BSc in Clothing Management and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Valuable teaching experience was gained as a visiting tutor for BA fashion students at Birmingham City University. In 2017 she also taught in Haiti as the lead tutor for an oversees aid work charity (LVE Haiti) where she successfully set up a sewing school.
Hobbies include sewing her own tailored clothes, knitting baby cardigans, travelling to tropical destinations, shopping and going to the gym.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.