You will learn
- How to construct a shirt to your size and make simple fitting alterations
- How to sew a standard or mandarin collar
- How to sew a button placket
- How to sew a curved hem
- How to sew kimono sleeves with cuffs
- How to attach a breast pocket (optional)
- How to machine stitch buttons and buttonholes
- How to sew neat topstitching
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your own copy of the Deer and Doe Melilot pattern to make your own at home again and again
- Use of all sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit some of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- 1.3m of 150cm (60") wide or 1.9m of 150cm (45") wide light to medium weight woven fabric. Suitable fabrics include cotton lawn, chambray and flannel.
- Matching thread
- 11 buttons
- 0.7m fusible interfacing in a weight to match your fabric.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like help selecting your fabric.
Sewing has always been a huge part of Claire's life. She has been sewing & making things since was little & her passion has grown & grown. She loves working with a range of fabrics, making clothes, adapting commercial patterns and developing her own patterns.
After graduating from Leeds University in Textiles and Fashion Design, Claire has worked in womenswear design, accessories design, textiles print design, modern textiles research, retail management, visual merchandising for some of the top high street brands.
Claire loves to share her passion, creativity and skills with others.
When she is not sewing or creating something, Claire loves to travel, take photos and cook.