You will learn
- How to construct a shirt to your size and make simple fitting alterations
- How to sew a standard or mandarin collar
- How to sew a button placket
- How to sew a curved hem
- How to sew kimono sleeves with cuffs
- How to attach a breast pocket (optional)
- How to machine stitch buttons and buttonholes
- How to sew neat topstitching
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your own copy of the Deer and Doe Melilot pattern to make your own at home again and again
- Use of all sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit some of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- 1.3m of 150cm (60") wide or 1.9m of 150cm (45") wide light to medium weight woven fabric. Suitable fabrics include cotton lawn, chambray and flannel.
- Matching thread
- 11 buttons
- 0.7m fusible interfacing in a weight to match your fabric.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like help selecting your fabric.
Charlotte is a fashion and textiles lecturer with experience of teaching a variety of levels and age groups. She graduated with a BA (hons) Fashion Design from Middlesex University London in 2014 and is currently studying a Masters in Textiles for Fashion in 2019 at Birmingham City University. She is interested in pattern making and garment construction and works freelance making bespoke clothing for clients and sample collections for small clothing companies. Charlotte believes that sewing and textiles should be accessible to everyone as it can contribute positively to wellbeing and confidence.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.