You will learn
- How to construct a shirt to your size and make simple fitting alterations
- How to sew a traditional collar
- How to sew a button placket
- How to insert a sleeve
- How to sew a yoke
- How to construct a sleeve cuff and placket
- How to attach a breast pocket (optional)
- How to machine stitch buttons and buttonholes
- How to sew neat topstitching
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your own copy of the Liesl and Co Classic Shirt pattern to make your own at home again and again
- Use of all sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
- Fabric (please get in touch and we can advise on the amount you'll need to bring)
- Matching thread
When Dee's parents realised that she adored all things sewing related, they gave her an electric sewing machine for her 9th birthday and her first sewing teacher was her dear mum who just happened to be a seamstress.
Dee has had a lengthy career in the clothing industry working as a sample machinist, sample cutter, pattern drafter and bridal alteration specialist before she decided to become a mature student and study for a BSc in Clothing Management and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Valuable teaching experience was gained as a visiting tutor for BA fashion students at Birmingham City University. In 2017 she also taught in Haiti as the lead tutor for an oversees aid work charity (LVE Haiti) where she successfully set up a sewing school.
Hobbies include sewing her own tailored clothes, knitting baby cardigans, travelling to tropical destinations, shopping and going to the gym.