You will learn
- How to choose your size and interpret the pattern
- How to cut out sweatshirt fabric and assess the stretch
- How to stretch fabric on a regular sewing machine
- How to construct a Raglan Sleeve
- How to add a neckband and cuff using the same or a ribbed fabric
- How to sew and optional regular hem in a stretch fabric
- How to use a twin needle on a stretch fabric
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your own copy of the Grainline Linden pattern to make your own at home again and again
- Use of all sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit some of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- Fabric -This will depend on the version of the sweatshirt that you choose and the size you make but will vary between 1.2m and 1.8m for a 54" wide fabric. Please get in-touch if you would like to know a specific amount.
- Sweatshirt fabric with a soft, fleecy back works best for this pattern. You can opt to use ribbing fabric for the cuffs and neckband or use the same fabric as the main garment. A medium weight Ponte Roma could also be used but will give more of a t-shirt feel rather than a jumper.
- Matching thread
Sewing has always been a huge part of Claire's life. She has been sewing & making things since was little & her passion has grown & grown. She loves working with a range of fabrics, making clothes, adapting commercial patterns and developing her own patterns.
After graduating from Leeds University in Textiles and Fashion Design, Claire has worked in womenswear design, accessories design, textiles print design, modern textiles research, retail management, visual merchandising for some of the top high street brands.
Claire loves to share her passion, creativity and skills with others.
When she is not sewing or creating something, Claire loves to travel, take photos and cook.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.