You will learn
- How to choose your size and interpret the pattern
- How to cut out sweatshirt fabric and assess the stretch
- How to stretch fabric on a regular sewing machine
- How to construct a raglan Sleeve
- How to add a neckband and cuff using the same or a ribbed fabric
- How to sew and optional regular hem in a stretch fabric
- How to use a twin needle on a stretch fabric
- How to create mitred corners
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your own copy of the pattern you choose to make at home again and again
- Use of all sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit some of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
Please get in touch and we can advise on what you'll need to bring, depending on your pattern of choice.
This will include fabric and matching thread.
* Please note - we would recommend you pre-wash all knit fabrics before the workshop! *
Charlotte is a fashion and textiles lecturer with experience of teaching a variety of levels and age groups. She graduated with a BA (hons) Fashion Design from Middlesex University London in 2014 and is currently studying a Masters in Textiles for Fashion in 2019 at Birmingham City University. She is interested in pattern making and garment construction and works freelance making bespoke clothing for clients and sample collections for small clothing companies. Charlotte believes that sewing and textiles should be accessible to everyone as it can contribute positively to wellbeing and confidence.