You will learn
- Tips for cutting out and finding the grain of the fabric and direction of stretch
- How to use a pattern to cut out your fabric
- Different methods of sewing the garment together using a regular sewing machine and an overlocker
- How to use a twin needle
- How to stabilise the shoulder seams
- How to add a stretch neckband
- How to insert a sleeve
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your very own copy of the Tilly and the Buttons Agnes or Grainline Lark Pattern
- Use of all machines, tools and equipment
- Stabilising tape for the shoulder seams
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch of visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the da
You will need to bring
Please get in touch and we can advise on what you'll need to bring, depending on your pattern of choice and which version you would like to make.
This will include fabric and matching thread.
* Please note - we would recommend you pre-wash all knit fabrics prior to attending the workshop! *
Sewing has always been a huge part of Claire's life. She has been sewing & making things since was little & her passion has grown & grown. She loves working with a range of fabrics, making clothes, adapting commercial patterns and developing her own patterns.
After graduating from Leeds University in Textiles and Fashion Design, Claire has worked in womenswear design, accessories design, textiles print design, modern textiles research, retail management, visual merchandising for some of the top high street brands.
Claire loves to share her passion, creativity and skills with others.
When she is not sewing or creating something, Claire loves to travel, take photos and cook.