You will learn
- Tips for cutting out and finding the grain of the fabric and direction of stretch
- How to use a pattern to cut out your fabric
- How to sew the garment together using a regular sewing machine - type of stitches and needle
- How to use a twin needle
- How to stabilise the shoulder seams
- How to add a stretch neckband
- How to insert a sleeve on the flat
Please note that the V-neck option in the Lark pattern is the trickiest choice. Only opt for this if you have some experience using stretch before and are a more experienced dressmaker. If you are looking for a further challenge opt for a stripy fabric.
- 20% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- Your very own copy of the Tilly and the Buttons Agnes or Grainline Lark Pattern
- Use of all machines, tools and equipment
- Stabilising tape for the shoulder seams
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch of visit one of the lovely local cafes)
You will need to bring
Please get in touch and we can advise on what you'll need to bring, depending on your pattern of choice and which version you would like to make. This will include fabric and matching thread.
Cotton jersey fabrics are generally easier to work with so if you are still fairly new to dressmaking this will be a better choice. If you are generally a more experienced dressmaker, then a viscose or modal jersey fabric will pose an extra challenge.
* Please note - we would recommend you pre-wash all knit fabrics prior to attending the workshop! *
Sewing has always been a huge part of Claire's life. She has been sewing & making things since was little & her passion has grown & grown. She loves working with a range of fabrics, making clothes, adapting commercial patterns and developing her own patterns.
After graduating from Leeds University in Textiles and Fashion Design, Claire has worked in womenswear design, accessories design, textiles print design, modern textiles research, retail management, visual merchandising for some of the top high street brands. Claire also loves to share her passion, creativity and skills with others. When she is not sewing or creating something, Claire loves to travel, take photos and cook.