You will learn
- How to interpret and read a commercial pattern
- Depending on the pattern and option you choose....
- How to create an elastic casing
- How to insert a zip
- How to sew buttonholes
- How to sew a simple jersey top
- How to create gathers
If you are feeling less confident or have less experience, we recommend you choose the sleep wear pattern and just focus on completing the PJ bottoms during the day.
If you are more experienced then the more involved project of the dress or baby romper will help develop your skills in garment construction.
Depending on your past level of experience, you may have to finish your project at home.
- Your choice of a Newlook pattern to take home and make again
- Use of all top tools, equipment and machines
- 10% off any supplies in our shop that are needed for the workshop
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- You'll need to know the measurements (and weight as appropriate) of the child you are making the garment for. Sizing can vary between patterns and its best to select a size based on actual measurements and weight rather than age. If you need any help in working this out, please get in touch and we can advise.
- Fabric to make the garment you have planned. This will vary depending on the pattern, style and size you choose to make so please get in touch and we can help you work it out.
- Matching thread.
- Any other notions depending on the pattern you have chosen. This may be buttons, a zip or elastic. Again, please get in touch and we can advise you individually.
- Please check before hand, but we should have all the things you need available to buy in the shop.
Lauren, who is also the founder and owner of guthrie & ghani, has been sewing for most of her life after being taught by her dressmaker mother as a child. She loves to sew her own clothes and clothes for her baby daughter Sophia.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.