You will learn
Please note that techniques will vary, depending on pattern choice
- How to take key body measurements and choose a size
- How to make simple pattern adjustments
- How to interpret pattern symbols and markings
- How to accurately cut out your fabric
- How to sew seams and finish off the inside edges
- How to insert and invisible zip
- How to insert a sleeve
- How to sew a dart
Please note; there will be some elements of your project that will require finishing off at home, for example hemming.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your own copy of the pattern to make at home again and again
- Use of all sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit some of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
Please get in touch and we can advise on what you'll need to bring, depending on your choice of style.
This will include fabric and matching thread.
Sewing has always been a huge part of Claire's life. She has been sewing & making things since was little & her passion has grown & grown. She loves working with a range of fabrics, making clothes, adapting commercial patterns and developing her own patterns.
After graduating from Leeds University in Textiles and Fashion Design, Claire has worked in womenswear design, accessories design, textiles print design, modern textiles research, retail management, visual merchandising for some of the top high street brands. Claire loves to share her passion, creativity and skills with others. When she is not sewing or creating something, Claire loves to travel, take photos and cook.