You will learn
- How to take key body measurements and choose a size
- How to make simple pattern adjustments
- How to interpret pattern symbols and markings
- How to accurately cut out your fabric
- How to sew seams and finish off the inside edges
- How to insert and invisible zip
- How to insert a sleeve
- How to sew a dart
- How to sew a yoke
- How to sew pockets
Please note; there will be some elements of your project that will require finishing off at home.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your own copy of the pattern to make at home again and again
- Use of all sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit some of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
Please get in touch and we can advise on what you'll need to bring.
This will include fabric and matching thread.
Charlotte is a fashion and textiles lecturer with experience of teaching a variety of levels and age groups. She graduated with a BA (hons) Fashion Design from Middlesex University London in 2014 and is currently studying a Masters in Textiles for Fashion in 2019 at Birmingham City University. She is interested in pattern making and garment construction and works freelance making bespoke clothing for clients and sample collections for small clothing companies. Charlotte believes that sewing and textiles should be accessible to everyone as it can contribute positively to wellbeing and confidence.