You will learn
Specific techniques will be dependant on the pattern you choose to make but could include
- Help picking a size and cutting out
- How to sew even gathers
- How to sew an elastic waist band
- 20% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- Your own copy of the pattern you choose to make at home again and again
- Use of all sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit some of the lovely local cafes)
You will need to bring
Please get in touch and we can advise on what you'll need to bring, depending on your pattern of choice.
This will include fabric, matching thread and any other notions you may need.
When Dee's parents realised that she adored all things sewing related, they gave her an electric sewing machine for her 9th birthday and her first sewing teacher was her dear mum who just happened to be a seamstress.
Dee has had a lengthy career in the clothing industry working as a sample machinist, sample cutter, pattern drafter and bridal alteration specialist before she decided to become a mature student and study for a BSc in Clothing Management and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Valuable teaching experience was gained as a visiting tutor for BA fashion students at Birmingham City University. In 2017 she also taught in Haiti as the lead tutor for an oversees aid work charity (LVE Haiti) where she successfully set up a sewing school.
Hobbies include sewing her own tailored clothes, knitting baby cardigans, travelling to tropical destinations, shopping and going to the gym.