You will learn
- How to sew a fly front zip
- How to make trouser fitting adjustments
- How to sew a lined and interfaced waistband
- How to adjust the fit on the leg of the trouser
As this class is just one day, it will be a little more fast paced than some of our other workshops and depending on your past level of experience you many have to finish the hem and waistband off at home.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your own Closet Case Sasha Trousers pattern to take home and re-use again
- Use of all tools, machines and equiptment
- Tea/coffee (please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local shops)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- Fabric (2-way stretch woven fabrics with at least 20% crosswise stretch, such as stretch denim, twill, suiting & gabardine) Please get in touch for exact fabric requirements.
- Matching thread
- Zip: sizes 0-4 = 5”, sizes 6-20 = 7”. Longer zippers can easily be trimmed to fit
- 1/2” (13mm) sew-in hook & bar closure OR 5/8” (16mm) button
- One 5/8” (16mm) button for inside waistband
- Medium weight, fusible interfacing for waistband - 0.9m
Layla has been teaching for over 15 years and sewing for 10 years. She started as a secondary school English teacher in London and later moved to Beirut, Lebanon where she set up a small school teaching sewing to ex pats and locals.
Since moving back to London Layla has taught sewing in many different studios around the country and to many different levels learners, however dressmaking is her expertise.
She sews almost all her own clothes and those of her husband but draws the line at her cats!
As well as sewing (pretty much all the time) she also teaches English at a secondary school and knits.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.