You will learn
- How to interpret a commercial sewing pattern to choose and size and cut our your fabric
- How to sew simple seams and finish off the seam allowances
- How to create a casing for the elastic waist band
- How to hem
- How to sew button holes for the waist tie to come through
- How to add pockets
Please note that depending on your past level of experience and progression during the day, you may have to finish the project at home.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your copy of New Look Pattern 6404 to take home and use again. The size range included in the pattern is from XS(31-32.5" hips) to XL (47-49"hips)
- Use of sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- Fabric - Depending on the size you are making you'll need between 1.7m and 2.5m of 140cm - 150cm wide fabric.The inside leg measurement for sizes XS-M is about 33 inches and L-XL is about 34, so if you plan on lengthening your PJ bottoms add an extra 20 cm onto the suggested fabric requirements for your size - please get in touch for specific recommendations.
- 20mm PJ elastic
- Matching thread
- 1.5m of ribbon or twill tape for the drawstring (optional)
When Dee's parents realised that she adored all things sewing related, they gave her an electric sewing machine for her 9th birthday and her first sewing teacher was her dear mum who just happened to be a seamstress.
Dee has had a lengthy career in the clothing industry working as a sample machinist, sample cutter, pattern drafter and bridal alteration specialist before she decided to become a mature student and study for a BSc in Clothing Management and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Valuable teaching experience was gained as a visiting tutor for BA fashion students at Birmingham City University. In 2017 she also taught in Haiti as the lead tutor for an oversees aid work charity (LVE Haiti) where she successfully set up a sewing school.
Hobbies include sewing her own tailored clothes, knitting baby cardigans, travelling to tropical destinations, shopping and going to the gym.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.