You will learn
- How to interpret a commercial sewing pattern to choose and size and cut our your fabric
- How to sew simple seams and finish off the seam allowances
- How to create a casing for the elastic waist band
- How to hem
- How to sew button holes for the waist tie to come through
- How to add pockets
Please note that depending on your past level of experience and progression during the day, you may have to finish the project at home.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your copy of New Look Pattern 6404 to take home and use again. The size range included in the pattern is from XS(31-32.5" hips) to XL (47-49"hips)
- Use of sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- Fabric - Depending on the size you are making you'll need between 1.7m and 2.5m of 140cm - 150cm wide fabric.The inside leg measurement for sizes XS-M is about 33 inches and L-XL is about 34, so if you plan on lengthening your PJ bottoms add an extra 20 cm onto the suggested fabric requirements for your size - please get in touch for specific recommendations.
- 20mm PJ elastic
- Matching thread
- 1.5m of ribbon or twill tape for the drawstring (optional)
Lauren, who is also the founder and owner of guthrie & ghani, has been sewing for most of her life after being taught by her dressmaker mother as a child. She loves to sew her own clothes and clothes for her baby daughter Sophia.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.