You will learn
- How to interpret a commercial sewing pattern to choose and size and cut our your fabric
- How to sew simple seams and finish off the seam allowances
- How to create a casing for the elastic waist band
- How to hem
- How to sew button holes for the waist tie to come through
- How to add pockets
Please note that depending on your past level of experience and progression during the day, you may have to finish the project at home.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your copy of New Look Pattern 6404 to take home and use again. The size range included in the pattern is from XS(31-32.5" hips) to XL (47-49"hips)
- Use of sewing machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- Fabric - Depending on the size you are making you'll need between 1.7m and 2.5m of 140cm - 150cm wide fabric.The inside leg measurement for sizes XS-M is about 33 inches and L-XL is about 34, so if you plan on lengthening your PJ bottoms add an extra 20 cm onto the suggested fabric requirements for your size - please get in touch for specific recommendations.
- 20mm PJ elastic
- Matching thread
- 1.5m of ribbon or twill tape for the drawstring (optional)
Lauren, who is also the founder and owner of guthrie & ghani, has been sewing for most of her life after being taught by her dressmaker mother as a child. She loves to sew her own clothes and clothes for her baby daughter Sophia.