You will learn
- How to construct the jeans to your size and make simple fitting alterations
- How to use decorative topstitching in the construction of the jeans
- How to make a traditional five pocket construction
- How to attach jean patch pockets
- How to make a jean fly front with buttons or a zip (depending on pattern)
- How to make a contoured waistband
Depending on your past level of experience and your choice of pattern, you may not completely finish the project in the two days.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your own copy of either the Closet Case, Ginger Jeans, Morgan Jeans or Dawn Jeans to make your own at home again and again
- Use of all sewing machines, overlockers, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit some of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena
You will need to bring
Fabric -This will depend on the style that you choose and the size you are making, please get in touch with us for detailed advice. To allow more time to choose we recommend that you pick your fabric in advance but we can help you choose something from the shop on the day as well. We also advise for you to ideally wash your fabric in advance, to allow for any shrinkage beforehand, instead of once you've made your gorgeous pair of jeans!
Matching thread and Top Stitching Thread
Jeans Button (amount is dependent on style)
Denim/Jeans Zip (dependent on style)
Layla has been teaching for over 15 years and sewing for 10 years. She started as a secondary school English teacher in London and later moved to Beirut, Lebanon where she set up a small school teaching sewing to ex pats and locals.
Since moving back to London Layla has taught sewing in many different studios around the country and to many different levels learners, however dressmaking is her expertise.
She sews almost all her own clothes and those of her husband but draws the line at her cats! As well as sewing (pretty much all the time) she also teaches English at a secondary school and knits.