You will learn
- How to navigate around a piece of fabric
- How to use a paper pattern/template to accurately cut out your fabric
- How to thread up the sewing machine and wind the bobbin
- How to press and prepare your fabric before sewing for an extra neat finish
- How to sew simple seams
- How to insert a lace zip
- 3D shaping
- How to attach a lining
- How to add zip tabs
- A fabric pack to make your makeup bag
- A lace zip
- Use of all top of the range sewing tools, equipment and sewing machine
- A paper pattern to take home and use again
- Instruction sheet
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
Nothing is needed for this workshop - just your lovely self!
When Dee's parents realised that she adored all things sewing related, they gave her an electric sewing machine for her 9th birthday and her first sewing teacher was her dear mum who just happened to be a seamstress.
Dee has had a lengthy career in the clothing industry working as a sample machinist, sample cutter, pattern drafter and bridal alteration specialist before she decided to become a mature student and study for a BSc in Clothing Management and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Valuable teaching experience was gained as a visiting tutor for BA fashion students at Birmingham City University. In 2017 she also taught in Haiti as the lead tutor for an oversees aid work charity (LVE Haiti) where she successfully set up a sewing school.
Hobbies include sewing her own tailored clothes, knitting baby cardigans, travelling to tropical destinations, shopping and going to the gym.