You will learn
- Guidance to choosing a size and making and simple pattern adjustments
- How to construct a simple pair of trousers
- How to construct a waist band with either elastic or with buttons
- How to sew tucks or pleats
- 20% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions) You can order your supplies over the phone or in store so that the discount can be honoured.
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- Your very own copy of your chosen sewing pattern
- Use of all machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch of visit one of the lovely local cafes)
You will need to bring
Please get in touch and we can advise on what you'll need to bring, depending on your pattern of choice and which version you would like to make. This will include fabric, matching thread, interfacing and any related notions such as elastic, buttons etc
It is strongly advised to purchase your fabric before the workshop so that it can be pre washed, especially if you plan on using a linen based fabric.
Sewing has always been a huge part of Claire's life. She has been sewing & making things since was little & her passion has grown & grown. She loves working with a range of fabrics, making clothes, adapting commercial patterns and developing her own patterns.
After graduating from Leeds University in Textiles and Fashion Design, Claire has worked in womenswear design, accessories design, textiles print design, modern textiles research, retail management, visual merchandising for some of the top high street brands. Claire also loves to share her passion, creativity and skills with others. When she is not sewing or creating something, Claire loves to travel, take photos and cook.