You will learn
- How to thread the Overlocker and fix tension issues
- How to successfully sew a seam with the Overlocker
- How to set up and use the Overlocker for different finishes and stitches
- How to move the cutting blade so that the machine doesn’t cut the fabric as it stitches
- Different methods of sewing the neckband with the option of using a double needle on the sewing machine
- 20% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- A fabric pack including samples of different fabrics for you to practice different stitches on.
- A simple t-shirt top pattern in size small, medium, large or extra large (bust size 31” to 43”)
- Use of all machines and sewing tools
- Overlocker cone threads is a variety of neutral colours
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (Please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes)
You will need to bring
- 80cm of stretchy/jersey fabric for your simple t-shirt. This can be light-medium weight as the style is versatile for different weights of fabric
- Thread to match your fabric for top stitching the hem
- You are welcome to bring along your own Overlocker to the class if you wish but this is not essential
- If your overlocker is older than 1 year it must be PAT tested before hand which can be done by an electrician. This is essential for health and safety reasons as we don't have insurance without the PAT test. We are unable to do any repairs or servicing on sewing machines so please ensure if it is an old overlocker that is has been serviced before hand. Our local sewing machine shop in Kings Heath, Frank Nutt, is able to carry this out.
Becca has been creating with a needle and thread for as long as she can remember and discovered the world of dressmaking in her teens. She quickly became hooked, spending all her free time glued to her machine and developing her skills. Since then she's taught many others to sew too and now teaches online workshops for the pattern company Sew Over It.
Becca enjoys spending time on the details; getting patterns to match, nailing the position of a pocket or producing perfect topstitching. She loves sharing her passion with others, helping them create clothing that they love and feel proud of.