You will learn
- Measure up your windows at home to work out what size your curtains should be and how much fabric you'll need
- How to attach an interlining by hand sewing and tacking
- How to machine stitch a hem and how to hand sew a hem
- How to attach the lining to the main curtain fabric in a neat way, hiding all the raw edges
- How to attach curtain heading tape
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- A materials pack to make the sample curtain including thermal interlining and thermal lining
- Full instructions to take away and use at home to make your full sized curtains
- Use of all machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
- Outer fabric for the curtain, minimum of 70cm x 90cm in medium weight or light weight upholstery fabric. Don't worry about making it exactly this size - we will be cutting it down in the workshop. Just make sure it's not any smaller than these measurements
- Matching thread
When Dee's parents realised that she adored all things sewing related, they gave her an electric sewing machine for her 9th birthday and her first sewing teacher was her dear mum who just happened to be a seamstress.
Dee has had a lengthy career in the clothing industry working as a sample machinist, sample cutter, pattern drafter and bridal alteration specialist before she decided to become a mature student and study for a BSc in Clothing Management and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Valuable teaching experience was gained as a visiting tutor for BA fashion students at Birmingham City University. In 2017 she also taught in Haiti as the lead tutor for an oversees aid work charity (LVE Haiti) where she successfully set up a sewing school.
Hobbies include sewing her own tailored clothes, knitting baby cardigans, travelling to tropical destinations, shopping and going to the gym.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.