You will learn
- Measure up your windows at home to work out what size your curtains should be and how much fabric you'll need
- How to attach an interlining by hand sewing and tacking
- How to machine stitch a hem and how to hand sew a hem
- How to attach the lining to the main curtain fabric in a neat way, hiding all the raw edges
- How to attach curtain heading tape
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- A materials pack to make the sample curtain including thermal interlining and thermal lining
- Full instructions to take away and use at home to make your full sized curtains
- Use of all machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
- Outer fabric for the curtain, minimum of 70cm x 90cm in medium weight or light weight upholstery fabric. Don't worry about making it exactly this size - we will be cutting it down in the workshop. Just make sure it's not any smaller than these measurements
- Matching thread
Lauren, who is already the founder and owner of guthrie & ghani, has been sewing for most of her life after being taught by her dressmaker mother as a child. She loves to sew garments and things that she needs for her home such as lovely comfy cushion covers, blinds and curtains.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.