You will learn
- Measure up your windows at home to work out what size your curtains should be and how much fabric you'll need
- How to attach an interlining by hand sewing and tacking
- How to machine stitch a hem and how to hand sew a hem
- How to attach the lining to the main curtain fabric in a neat way, hiding all the raw edges
- How to attach curtain heading tape
You must have some prior basic knowledge and experience of using a sewing machine.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- A materials pack to make the sample curtain including thermal interlining and thermal lining
- Full instructions to take away and use at home to make your full sized curtains
- Use of all machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
- Outer fabric for the curtain, minimum of 70cm x 90cm in medium weight or light weight upholstery fabric. Don't worry about making it exactly this size - we will be cutting it down in the workshop. Just make sure it's not any smaller than these measurements
- Matching thread
Lauren, who is already the founder and owner of guthrie & ghani, has been sewing for most of her life after being taught by her dressmaker mother as a child. She loves to sew garments and things that she needs for her home such as lovely comfy cushion covers, blinds and curtains.