You will learn
- How to measure you your window and calculate how much fabric and supplies you need to make your blind
- How to line the blind
- How to attach the hook and loop tape and roman blind tape
- How to calculate the spacing of the folds in the blind
- How to string the blind up and hang it
- How to hem the bottom of the blind to weight it down
- How to invisibly hand sew and finish off the blind at the hem
- 20% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- A signed copy of the book Learn to Sew with Lauren (worth £25) which includes full instructions
- Use of all top of the range sewing tools, equipment and sewing machine
- A mini kit of all the woodwork and notions required to make the sample blind which is 30cm wide by 70cm long.
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
PLEASE NOTE – The price listed INCLUDES a signed copy of the book Learn to Sew with Lauren (worth £25). This book contains a comprehensive techniques section along with 20 inspiring projects for the home, to wear and to give as gifts. Due to copyright laws you must have a copy of the book when participating in this class. If you already own the book, you must bring this along with you on the workshop. If you already own a copy of the book, please let us know and we will refund £15 once the booking has been made.Alternatively you can book over the phone by calling the shop Monday to Saturday and just pay the price listed less the discount.
You will need to bring
- Main fabric for the outer blind in medium to light weight upholstery fabric - you'll need a minimum of 80cm by 40cm. We will cut to an exact size in the workshop so just make sure it's not any smaller than these measurements.
- For the lining you'll need a minimum of 80cm by 30cm (for making the sample you can use medium weight fabric)
- Matching thread
Lauren, who is also the founder and owner of guthrie & ghani, has been sewing for most of her life after being taught by her dressmaker mother as a child. She loves to sew garments and things that she needs for her home such as lovely comfy cushion covers, blinds, and curtains.