You will learn
- How to cut out your fabric accurately on the straight grain of the fabric using a paper pattern
- How to insert a regular zip
- How to make your own piping using cord and bias binding
- How to neatly insert the piping into the edge of the cushion cover with a very descrete join
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- A choice of fabrics to make the cover from our Clarke and Clarke Range of light weight upholstery fabric
- A choice of different coloured bias binding to make the piping cord
- A paper pattern to take home and make more cushion covers
- An instruction sheet
- Use of all top of the range sewing tools, equipment and sewing machine
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
Nothing is needed for this workshop but cushion pads can be purchased separately after the workshop if needed.
When Dee's parents realised that she adored all things sewing related, they gave her an electric sewing machine for her 9th birthday and her first sewing teacher was her dear mum who just happened to be a seamstress.
Dee has had a lengthy career in the clothing industry working as a sample machinist, sample cutter, pattern drafter and bridal alteration specialist before she decided to become a mature student and study for a BSc in Clothing Management and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Valuable teaching experience was gained as a visiting tutor for BA fashion students at Birmingham City University. In 2017 she also taught in Haiti as the lead tutor for an oversees aid work charity (LVE Haiti) where she successfully set up a sewing school.
Hobbies include sewing her own tailored clothes, knitting baby cardigans, travelling to tropical destinations, shopping and going to the gym.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.