You will learn
- How to cut out your fabric accurately on the straight grain of the fabric using a paper pattern
- How to insert a regular zip
- How to make your own piping using cord and bias binding
- How to neatly insert the piping into the edge of the cushion cover with a very descrete join
This workshop is suitable for those who already have some basic experience using a sewing machine.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- A choice of fabrics to make the cover from our Clarke and Clarke Range of light weight upholstery fabric
- A choice of different coloured bias binding to make the piping cord
- A paper pattern to take home and make more cushion covers
- An instruction sheet
- Use of all top of the range sewing tools, equipment and sewing machine
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
Nothing is needed for this workshop but cushion pads can be purchased separately after the workshop if needed.
Lauren, who is also the founder and owner of guthrie & ghani, has been sewing for most of her life after being taught by her dressmaker mother as a child. She loves to sew her own clothes and clothes for her baby daughter Sophia.