You will learn
- How to measure and cut your fabric accurately, taking account of the print that may be on your fabric
- How to accuratly apply the fabric around the shape for a professional finish
- How to neatly finish off the shade for a seamless look
Suitable for complete beginners. There is no sewing involved in this workshop.
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- All the hardware and tools to make your own 30cm diameter drum lampshade
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
Half a meter of fabric. You can use pretty much any type of fabric from light weight cotton lawns to upholstery fabric. Some thicker upholstery fabrics or wools may not be suitable - please check if your not sure.
Helen, has been sewing and crafting since she was a young girl, one of her very rememberable first makes was a pair of stretchy shiny purple flares with a matching crop top!! She thought they looked fab!
Although her initial career didn't take her in the direction of sewing or even crafting, she joined the Royal Navy at 18 and it wasn't until her beautiful little girl was born 13years later that she decided forces life was no longer the path she wanted to follow.
With the world as her oyster she decided to re-train in a completely different role..... and that's when Sewphies was born.
She now makes, teaches and sells beautiful lampshades in and around the Midlands, with her future plan is to set up her own online shop.