You will learn
- How to set up and use the sewing machine for free motion embroidery for drawing and writing
- How to work with different materials including silk, cotton, felt, wool tops and lace to embellish your work
- What threads work will for this type of embroidery - rayon and metallic thread will be used
- How to add fabric paint and crystals are added
- How to use bondaweb in two different ways
- all materials, fabrics and threads
- 10" wooden embroidery hoop
- Use of all top tools, equipment and machines
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the da
You will need to bring
Everything is included in this workshop but if you have any special fabrics or threads you'd like to incorporate into your work, then please feel free to bring them along.
After three years at Bishop Otter College, Chichester, Claire received a First Class Honours degree in Art and Related Arts, giving her the opportunity for a further year's postgraduate study in the Textiles Department of Glasgow school of art.
Subsequent employment as a designer of headdresses and accessories for Stageworks Worldwide Productions enabled her to experiment with and to evaluate the potential of a wide range of techniques and materials. The experience and knowledge she amassed during this period she has since developed further as displayed in her current creations.
Claire exhibits her work and demonstrates her skills at exhibitions countrywide. She has written articles for Workshop on the Web, Stitch Magazine and Sewing World Magazine
Claire is also a regular tutor at the prestigious Denman Womens Institute College in Oxford.