You will learn
- How to hold hook and yarn comfortably
- How to make a chain - which is the foundation for all crochet stitches
- Practise the basic stitches of double crochet, half trebles and trebles
- Start learning how to follow a simple pattern to make a headband
- How to combine stitches to make the squares
- How to build up the layers and increase the number of stitches to make sure your square lies flat
- How to interpret and read a crochet pattern
- How to introduce different colours of yarn into your work
The headband is suitable for those who have never crocheted before.
To make the granny squares, you'll need to know how to confidently chain, single crochet and double crochet.
- A 4mm crochet hook
- A ball of yarn
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
Nothing needed for this workshop - just your lovely self!
Being creative has always been a big part of Rachaels life. From a very young age to today she enjoys learning as many different forms of art and craft as possible. After graduating from Edinburgh College of Art, she has travelled and lived in a few countries and cities, and has now settled in Birmingham, making it her home. Here she hopes her creative passion will grown further and inspire many people along the way.
Crochet is one of Rachaels favourite activities as she finds the options for different projects and ideas endless and likes to experimenting with techniques using wire or heavy rope to create unique styles. Her favourite technique is to crochet through chain or hoops to make jewellery.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.