You will learn
- How to take key body measurements and choose a size
- How to interpret pattern symbols and markings
- How to accurately cut out your fabric
- How to work with denim fabric
- How to sew decorative top stitching
- How to sew seams and finish off the inside edges
- How to attach a facing
- How to hem the dress
- How to sew optional patch pockets
- How to do button holes or attach jeans buttons depending on the variation you choose
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- Your very own copy of the Tilly and the Buttons Cleo Dress Pattern (worth £12.50)
- Use of all machines, tools and equipment
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch of visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- 1.2 -1.9 meters of heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas, wool. Please get in touch if you have any questions about how much fabric to bring.
- Matching thread
- Contrasting or matching topstitching thread
- 0.4 meters of fusible medium weight iron on interfacing
- Dungaree buckles with jean buttons
(All of these items are available to buy in the shop either on the day or before hand).
Lauren, who is also the founder and owner of guthrie & ghani, has been sewing for most of her life after being taught by her dressmaker mother as a child. She loves to sew her own clothes and clothes for her baby daughter Sophia.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.