You will learn
- A recap of how to create a rib
- Moss stitch
- How to knit stripes
- Basic increasing and decreasing
- Mattress stitch
- Weaving in ends
You must have completed our level 1 beginners workshop or our previously listed beginners knitting workshop.
You must be confident to independently cast on using the thumb/long tail cast on, knit, purl and cast off.
If you haven’t attended our beginners workshop but you feel you could attend this workshop, please get in touch so we can make sure you will be able to get the most out of it.
- Two balls of chunky yarn (worth £16.40) (which is enough to make one scarf or two hats with alternating stripes)
- A pattern for a moss stitch scarf
- A pattern for a hat (choose between adults or kids)
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
If you want to make the hat you’ll need 8mm and 10mm needles
If you want to make the scarf you’ll just need 10mm needles
These will be available to purchase on the night if needed.
Lauren has been regularly knitting for about 6 years now and always has at least one project on the go! She finds it really addictive and a great way to spend evening in front of the TV in the winter. Her favourite type of projects are cardigans with lace work but she also loves knitting with chunky yarn as it grows so quickly.