You will learn
- An introduction to different types of yarn and needles
- How to cast on and cast off
- How to combine stitches to make garter stitch and stocking stitch
- How to create a 2x2 rib
- How to add in a new strand of yarn for when your ball of yarn runs out
- How to do mattress stitch to sew sections of knitting together
- You will work on little samples of these different techniques that you can use as reference for future projects
Suitable for complete beginners or those looking for a refresher of the basic stitches
- Needles to borrow (or if you want to bring your own we’ll be using 9 or 10mm ones)
- A ball of chunky yarn to practise with and make a simple project with after the workshop
- Info sheet to take home including a pattern for cosy wrist warmers or a simple cowl.
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
If you have your own 9mm or 10mm needles then please bring them along but we will have needles you can borrow for the night.
If you want to continue your work at home with the yarn and pattern that’s included we recommend that you buy some needles before hand or when you arrive for your workshop.
Lauren has been regularly knitting for about 6 years now and always has at least one project on the go! She finds it really addictive and a great way to spend evening in front of the TV in the winter. Her favourite type of projects are cardigans with lace work but she also loves knitting with chunky yarn as it grows so quickly.