You will learn
- How to insert a standard zip
- How to insert an invisible zip
- Professional hand sewing techniques for garment making
- A refresher of how to choose your size from a commercial pattern
- How to attach a waist band
- How to sew a dart
- How to insert a zip into your skirt
- How to customise a pattern and adapt the length of your skirt as desired
- How to create an even, neat hem
Thursday 11th April 6pm - 9pm
Thursday 18th April 6pm - 9pm
Thursday 25th April 6pm - 9pm
Thursday 2nd May 6pm - 9pm
- 10% discount on supplies required for the workshop (fabric & notions)
- A copy of New Look Pattern 6843
- Fusible interfacing to complete your skirt
- Fabric packs to practise each technique
- Use of all top Prym tools, equipment and Brother sewing machines
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
You will need to bring
- 80cm-1.5m depending on your choice of skirt design and size you are making. Please get in touch and we can advice on exact requirements
- Suggested fabrics are stable medium weight cottons, linens or lighter weight denims or jacquards. Plain fabrics or those with a random orientation design are easier to work.
- Matching thread
- minimum of 7" zip (longer zips are ok as they can easily be shortened to size)
When Dee's parents realised that she adored all things sewing related, they gave her an electric sewing machine for her 9th birthday and her first sewing teacher was her dear mum who just happened to be a seamstress.
Dee has had a lengthy career in the clothing industry working as a sample machinist, sample cutter, pattern drafter and bridal alteration specialist before she decided to become a mature student and study for a BSc in Clothing Management and Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Valuable teaching experience was gained as a visiting tutor for BA fashion students at Birmingham City University. In 2017 she also taught in Haiti as the lead tutor for an oversees aid work charity (LVE Haiti) where she successfully set up a sewing school.
Hobbies include sewing her own tailored clothes, knitting baby cardigans, travelling to tropical destinations, shopping and going to the gym.
No dates available
Sorry there are no sessions planned in at the moment, but drop us an email.
We'll let you know about future dates.