IMPORTANT Workshop Attendee Information for workshops at Guthrie & Ghani
We love welcoming customers into our lovely studio here at guthrie & ghani and are so pleased that our workshops are now back up and running again.
In order to keep our customers and staff safe as we reopen our studio doors now that the government guidelines relating to Covid-19 have relaxed, we have put together this information sheet to help you understand the new guidelines that are in place when you attend one of our workshops.
If you, or any one else in your household is displaying Covid-19 like symptoms, please do not attend your class or workshop. If this applies to you please contact the store manager at your earliest convenience to discuss this - Helen@guthrie-ghani.co.uk
- Your workshop times will be stated at the time of booking. If your class starts between 9am - 10am, please do not arrive early, as you will not be able to wait in store or enter the studio. If you arrive more than 15 mins early you may be asked to leave and come back later ready for the class.
- We will adhere to government guidelines to ensure that the class size is safe
- Face masks/face coverings are encouraged.
- When you arrive you will be directed straight up to the studio, where you will sign in.
- You will have access to a customer toilet facility. This will be cleaned regularly and anti-bacterial wipes will be available.
- Sink and handwashing facilities are available in the studio and toilet.
- Please ensure we have up-to-date contact information in case we need to notify you that you need to self-isolate following your class.
- If you, or any one else in your household displays Covid-19 like symptoms after you have attended a class with us, please inform the store manager so that we can contact the other members of your class who you may have been in contact with.
Sanitation and social distancing within the studio
- Upon entry to the shop you will be directed upstairs to the studio where you can select your designated zone. Feel free to apply hand sanitizer which will be provided.
- During your time in the studio please respect other people’s space to ensure that staff and fellow workshop attendees feel comfortable.
- You will have your own designated sewing zone to work at during your class.
- There will be 3 designated ironing zones. Anti-bacterial wipes will be provided for you to wipe down the iron handle after you have used it.
- The studio will have plenty of hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipes for you to use freely during your workshop. Please dispose of your rubbish in the waste paper bin provided within your sewing zone.
- You will be provided with your own tool box that contains sewing tools and equipment. Please ensure that all equipment is returned at the end of the workshop ready to be sanitised by the tutor.
- At the end of each workshop, attendees will be expected to wipe down their machine, and work surfaces with the anti-bacterial wipes provided.
- Your chair will be a firm and rigid chair that can be sanitized after each class. If you need a bit more comfort, please feel free to bring a cushion from home to use.
- The studio will be thoroughly cleaned the following day by a member of staff according to our cleaning policy.
- The toilet area will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each working day, and also the following morning after a workshop or class has taken place.
- The windows will be kept open to ensure there is sufficient ventilation during your workshop.
Breaks and Refreshments:
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
- Cups and glasses will be provided and these will go in the dishwasher at the end of the class to ensure they are cleaned hygienically.
- All refreshments will be individually wrapped to avoid contact.
- If you prefer to bring your own refreshments please feel free to do so.
Taking payments for workshop supplies
- If you require fabric or notions to complete your course, please order these ahead of time so that you can pre-wash the fabric to account for shrinkage. Shopping time prior to the workshop starting will be very limited so it is best to order ahead.
- If you do need to buy any supplies from the shop for your workshop, you must first proceed upstairs to check-in with the tutor and drop off your bags. You will be able to enter the shop if it’s not too busy with customers.
- We will not be accepting cash payments.
- We encourage you to use contactless payments where possible.
Document created on 19/08/2020
Last update on 29/07/2021