Our Moseley store will re open for in-store shopping from Friday 7th May 11am - 4pm.
Guidelines for shopping in-store
- The front door to the shop will be kept on the latch. To gain entry customers must knock loudly and a staff member will let you in.
- The number of in-store shoppers will be limited to ensure social distancing can be maintained. Therefore, please note that there may be a queue to enter the shop at busy times.
- All customers must use the hand sanitizer provided on entering the shop. Hand sanitizer is available in the shop for repeated use as needed.
- We are adhering to government guidelines, therefore all customers are required to wear a face mask.
- Where possible everyone must keep a 2m distance. We have two 'help spots' in the shop for customers to stand safely and be able to chat and get help from the g&g team.
- We are operating a one way shopping system around the shop - please follow floor stickers.
- We are encouraging a minimal touch policy - please only touch what you are considering buying.
We are always happy to help in any way we can with your sewing and project planning questions.
You can find our shop and workshop studio near the Village Green in Moseley, Birmingham, just up from the Post Office, just down from the Village Pub and opposite a shop called 'Shades Music' that has quite a distinctive sign.
169 Alcester Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8JR
Our phone number
0121 449 8419
Our email address
How to find us
We are situated on the Alcester Road (A435) which is within easy reach of Birmingham city centre (to the north) and the M42 motorway (to the south). Our postcode for the SatNav is B13 8JR, house number 169.
The #50 West Midlands bus runs between Birmingham Moor Street Station and Druids Heath every 5 minutes during weekdays and every 10-15 minutes evenings and weekends with a bus stop less than 100m away.
The #1 West Midlands bus that runs between Birmimgham Town Hall and Acocks Green passes through Moseley Village and runs every 10-15 minutes during the day and 20-30 minutes in evenings and weekends.
The nearest train stations are University (1.9 miles), Bournville (2 miles) and Hall Green (2.1 miles).
There is a pay and display car park situated across the road and down the street a little towards the Village Green. Look out for a takeaway called 'Kingfisher' that has a blue sign and the car park is just to the right of that if you are facing it. There is also a pay and display car park at the Village Pub which is about 30m up the road from the shop (heading away from the centre of Moseley).
Parking is available on the main road that the shop is on. Normally weekdays between 10am and 4.30pm you can park for an hour for free. At the weekends there are no parking restrictions, so you can park on the main road all day. As it is a bus lane, please double check the signs yourself as we cannot accept any responsibility for parking tickets received based on this advice.