We love welcoming customers into our lovely studio here at guthrie & ghani and are so pleased that our workshops are now back up and running again.
In order to keep our customers and staff safe as we reopen our studio doors now that the government guidelines relating to Covid-19 have relaxed, we have put together this information sheet to help you understand the new guidelines that are in place when you attend one of our workshops.
If you, or any one else in your household is displaying Covid-19 like symptoms, please do not attend your class or workshop. If this applies to you please contact the store manager at your earliest convenience to discuss this - Helen@guthrie-ghani.co.uk
- You will need to download the NHS-COVID-19 App prior to attending your workshop, so that you can scan our QR code upon entry to the studio. This will be used for track and trace.
- Your workshop times will be stated at the time of booking. Please do not arrive early, as you will not be able to wait in store or enter the studio. If you arrive more than 15 mins early you may be asked to leave and come back later ready for the class.
- A maximum of 5 people will be able to book onto each workshop in order to adhere to government guidelines for social distancing.
- Face masks/face coverings are mandatory and expected to be worn during the class, unless you are medically exempt.
- When you arrive you will be directed straight up to the studio, where you will sign in.
- If you, or any one else in your household displays Covid-19 like symptoms after you have attended a class with us, please inform the store manager so that we can alert 'track and trace' and contact the other members of your class who you may have been in contact with.
- You will have access to a customer toilet facility. This will be cleaned regularly and anti-bacterial wipes will be available.
- Sink and handwashing facilities are available in the studio and toilet.
Sanitation and social distancing within the studio
- Outside the shop, if there is a queue for the workshop, please observe the 2m social distancing guidance.
- On arrival at the shop, knock the door loudly to alert staff you are there. A staff member will unlock the door to let you in.
- Upon entry to the shop you will be directed upstairs to the studio where you will need to apply hand sanitizer that we will provide for you.
- During your time in the studio please observe social distancing of 2m with staff and fellow workshop attendees. Where this is not possible, please maintain 1m+ distance.
- You will have your own designated sewing and cutting zone to work at during your class. These will be numbered. Please stay in your work areas and avoid unnecessary circulating around the studio (wherever possible).
- There will be 3 designated ironing zones. Anti-bacterial wipes to wipe will be provided for you to wipe down the iron handle after you have used it.
- All work areas will have their own hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial wipes for you to use freely during your workshop. Please dispose of your rubbish in the waste paper bin provided within your sewing zone.
- You will be provided with your own tool box that contains sewing tools and equipment. Please ensure that all equipment is returned at the end of the workshop ready to be sanitised by the tutor.
- At the end of each workshop, attendees will be expected to wipe down their machine, and work surfaces with the anti-bacterial wipes provided.
- Your chair will be a firm and rigid chair that can be sanitized after each class. If you need a bit more comfort, please feel free to bring a cushion from home to use.
- Clear plastic partitions will be used to separate sewing spaces and minimise close contact with other workshop attendees.
- The studio will be thoroughly cleaned the following day by a member of staff according to our cleaning policy.
- The toilet area will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each working day, and also the following morning after a workshop or class has taken place.
Breaks and Refreshments:
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
- Disposable cups and spoons will be provided.
- All refreshments will be individually wrapped to avoid contact.
- The course tutor will operate the kettle to avoid multiple contact.
- If you prefer to bring your own refreshments please feel free to do so.
Taking payments for workshop supplies
- If you require fabric or notions to complete your course, please order these ahead of time so that you can pre-wash the fabric to account for shrinkage. Shopping time prior to the workshop starting will be very limited so it is best to order ahead.
- If you do need to buy any supplies from the shop for your workshop, you must first proceed upstairs to check-in with the tutor and drop off your bags. You will be able to enter the shop when it’s safe to do so (max of 2 customers in the shop at any one time).
- We will not be accepting cash payments.
- We encourage you to use contactless payments where possible.