The Sudley Dress is a gorgeous, super versatile pattern that's easy to dress up or down. With a loose fitting blouse section and gathered skirt, it can be worn with the key hole opening detail at the front or back of the garment. There are 4 sleeve lengths to choose from with the full length option having an elastic cuff that gives a subtle puff detail.
This months g&g Sewing Society kit includes everything you need to make an unlined version of the dress option in the pattern, with a bias bound neckline. There is even enough fabric to customise the standard knee length that comes with the pattern, to make it midi or maxi length (depending on what sleeve length you also choose).
Choose from 3 lovely viscose fabric options: Colourful painterly florals (now sold out - sorry), Midnight Florals or Classic Matte Black - for that essential LBD!
The kit includes:
- The pdf digital file for the Megan Nielsen Sudley Top and Dress* (Size range: Drafted for a B cup Bust 32" - 46" Range) *The link to the pdf instruction booklet will be contained in your order confirmation email. The A0 and A4 pattern files will be emailed to you directly from Megan Neilsen. Please note this may take a week to arrive.
- A0 print out of the Megan Neilsen Sudley Pattern (all views)*A physical print out of the instruction booklet will NOT be included. You can view the instruction booklet on your device at home, print it out at home, or add the 'printed pattern instructions' product (see link below) to your order and we will print it for you.
- 3.5m of viscose fabric (this is enough for all sizes with extra to lengthen the dress as per the pictured samples)
- Prym Sewing Machine Needles
- Prym Forming Tape Interfacing
- Matching 100m Gutermann Sew All Thread
- Sew-in woven label - "Made by me with g&g"
Your kit will be wrapped in tissue and beautifully packaged in a recyclable cardboard box. (For security international orders will be sent in a grey mail bag.)
Alongside the purchase of this kit you will receive access to Laurens exclusive YouTube video to be used alongside the pattern instructions. The 40 minute video covers key construction steps including how to stabilise the neckline and keyhole opening with forming tape interfacing and then use bias strips to finish it off. How to set a sleeve in on the flat, how to get even gathers in the skirt section and how to calculate the length proportions of adding on an extra section to the dress as well as how gathered it should be to keep balance in the garment. She also shows you how to make a narrow belt tie out of fabric and hold it in place with dainty thread loops.
The link to this video will also be contained in your order confirmation email.