STOCK UPDATE - THIS KIT HAS NOW SOLD OUT AND WILL NOT BE RESTOCKED. If you would like to be added to the wait list for any cancelled kits or for the denim on its own, please email email@example.com.
SHIPPING TIME FRAME - We will aim to dispatch all kits before Friday 17th September, some kits may not be dispatched until October depending on when you placed your order. Please note we are now unable to group together kit orders with past or subsequent orders or combine orders retrospectively. Please click here for the full new g&g Sewing Society shipping terms.
This months g&g Sewing Society kit includes everything you need to make an amazing pair of Closet Core Mid-rise Ginger Jeans!
Sewing your own jeans will give you a daily staple in your handmade wardrobe that you can wear again and again! It really is a liberating sewing challenge that will change your jeans wearing experience forever - say goodbye to ill-fitting, shop bought jeans and make a pair for your own amazing, unique body!
The mid-rise Ginger jeans, designed to hit just below the belly button (about half way between the low and high rise of the original ginger jeans pattern) and offers a skinny or stove pipe leg option.
The subtly shaped back pockets highlight the curve of the bottom and a higher back rise prevents peekabooty - phew!
We have sourced the most amazing stretch denim for this project direct from the Cone Mills Factory. Their denim is renowned for it's superior quality and the stretch denim in particular for it's special 'S-gene' spandex - believed to be the best for comfort and recovery, making baggy knees a thing of the past!
The denim comes in a raw form and will naturally fade and develop character and wear in over time. For this reason some photographs have been included in the gallery of a pair of jeans, using this denim, that have been worn in through frequent wearing and washing over a 3.5 month period.
The kit includes:
- The PDF digital file for the Closet Core Mid-rise Ginger Jeans * (Size range: US 0-20 Waist 24" - 39, Hip 33" -49") *The link to the PDF instruction booklet and information on how to access your PDF files for all sizes will be contained in your order confirmation email.
- A0 print out of the Closet Core Mid-rise Ginger Jeans* All sizes and variations included.
- Fabric - 3.5m of raw Cone Mills 12oz selvedge stretch denim. Composition 87% Cotton, 11% Polyester and 2% S-gene Spandex. Width 31"/78cm.
- 0.4m of navy 100% cotton pocket lining
- 0.5m of interfacing
- 1 reel Matching Gutermann Sew All Thread (shade 339)
- 1 reel contrasting Gutermann Denim Top stitching thread in a dusky orange colour (shade 2040)
- Prym Denim Sewing Machine Needles
- Prym bronze finish Rivets
- Prym bronze finish star circle jeans buttons
- (Both the rivets and button can be easily attached with a hammer or with the Prym Vario Pliers - linked below!)
- YKK antique bronze metal toothed zipper with contrasting zip tape.
- Sew in woven label - Made by me with g&g
- A physical print out of the instruction booklet will NOT be included. You can view the instruction booklet on your device at home, print it out at home, or add the 'printed pattern instructions' product (see link below) to your order and we will print it for you.
EXTRA BONUS KIT FEATURES
- You will also receive a $10 USD discount code to use against the Closet Core 'Sew Your Own Dream Jeans' online sewing workshop.
- Get access to a special live jeans making Q&A with Lauren and Layla through the private Sewing Society Facebook group on Friday 24th September at 8pm UK time.
- Cut into your A0 print out worry free, no tracing needed! If you feel like you need another copy in the future, we can print you one for FREE through our A0 printing service (a saving of £5.80)!
- Free UK shipping (International shipping costs vary depending location).
Your kit will be wrapped in tissue and beautifully packaged in a recyclable cardboard box.
Alongside the purchase of this kit you will receive access to Laurens exclusive YouTube video series of 7 videos to be used alongside the pattern instructions. This in-dept additional instruction will give you lots of additional help, support and advice to help you get a great, professional looking finish on your project.
She shares her personal hints and tips including guidance on denim care, how to choose a size and baste fit, cutting out and preparing to sew, getting professional looking top stitching, sewing on the fly front, how to apply the denim hardware and much much more.
The series 7 of videos has over 1.5 hours of footage, sectioned out with time stamps/chapters for easy reference and navigation.
The link to the videos will be contained in your order confirmation email along with the pdf files, please please file this safely for future reference.