SHIPPING TIME FRAME - We will aim to dispatch all kits before Friday 17th September. Please note we are now unable to group together kit orders with past or subsequent orders or combine orders retrospectively. Please click here for the full new g&g Sewing Society shipping terms.
This months g&g Sewing Society kit includes everything you need to make a stunning Sew Over It Ava Skirt.
This versatile classic A-line skirt features front and back darts with a narrow waistband for a flattering shape. With two length options you can opt for a midi style with boots for the ultimate in cosiness, or go mini length for the perfect work-to-evening skirt. It’s an everyday classic that can be made with lots of different fabrics to work throughout the seasons – win-win!
As well as inserting in-seam pockets, this kit will also teach you how to adapt the back centre zip to be optionally exposed, making a nice feature of this part of the garment.
This is a great project for beginners who are building up their skills and trying new techniques for the first time as well as more experienced dressmakers who are looking for a quick make and a stunning addition to your handmade wardrobe.
We have 3 gorgeous rich colour-ways of this nice and cosy chunky corduroy fabric featuring an on-trend animal print: Burnt Orange, Golden Palm and Coral Teal.
With two options for fabric length included in the kit, along with an option for what size range of PDF print out you receive, make this kit customisable to your needs.
The kit includes:
- The PDF digital file for the Sew Over It Ava Skirt* (Size range: UK 6-30 Waist 24" - 50") *The link to the PDF instruction booklet and information on how to access your PDF files for all sizes will be contained in your order confirmation email.
- A0 print out of the Sew Over It Ava Skirt* Choose between sizes ranges UK 6-20 OR UK 18-30 from the drop down menu below. Check out the size charts in the gallery to help decide what would be the best size range for you.
- Fabric - select from option below - 'Up to size UK 14' contains 1.5m of fabric and 'Up to size UK 30' contains 2m of fabric. These lengths are based on making the longer length skirt.
- 0.35cm of black 100% cotton pocket lining
- 1 reel Matching Gutermann Sew All Thread
- Prym Sewing Machine Needles
- 0.4m of medium weight non-woven interfacing
- Prym Hook and Bar for securing the waistband
- YKK metal antique bronze metal toothed zipper with coordinating zip tape colour
- Sew in woven label - Made by me with g&g
- A physical print out of the instruction booklet will NOT be included. You can view the instruction booklet on your device at home, print it out at home, or add the 'printed pattern instructions' product (see link below) to your order and we will print it for you.
Your kit will be wrapped in tissue and beautifully packaged in a recyclable cardboard box.
Alongside the purchase of this kit you will receive access to a Laurens exclusive YouTube video to be used alongside the pattern instructions. She shares her hints and tips for getting a lovely finish including cutting out with a nap, tips on baste fitting and shaping, inserting an exposed zip, inserting in seam pockets and using hand stitching techniques to help you get a lovely finish on the garment.
The video has over 23 minutes of footage, sectioned out with time stamps/chapters for easy reference and navigation.
The link to the video will be contained in your order confirmation email along with the pdf files, please please file this safely for future reference.