This months g&g Sewing Society kit includes everything you need to make a gorgeous Cashmerette Patterns Appleton wrap dress.
This classic jersey wrap dress design, has a built-in waist tie and a deep v-neck with an innovative neckband construction that prevents gaping across the bust, along with a choice of 3 sleeve lengths: short, mid and full length.
With it's perfect knee length, its ideal for a summery staple and would also look lovely worn with tights or leggings for a more transitional look later in the year.
For this kit, we have chosen three amazing fabrics on the softest, silkiest, smoothest mirco modal fabric that have been knitted, dyed and printed right here in the UK, just for g&g.
This fabric has a nice amount of body, whilst still being light weight and it drapes beautifully. As it doesn't curl or roll at the edges like some other jerseys, it's easier to work with too - yay! The construction of this dress is fairly simple, so if you are still building up your skills with stretch fabrics it's a lovely project to work on.
Choose between two fabric length options (depending on the size you are making) below of either Deep Teal Plain, Bijou Spots print or Summer Flora print and choose what size range of the pattern you would prefer to customise the kit contents for what you need.
The kit includes:
- The PDF digital file for the Cashmerette Patterns Appleton Wrap Dress* (Size range: US 0-16 OR US 12-32) *The PDF files of your chosen size range only will be sent to you directly from Cashmerette and may take several weeks to arrive. The link to the pdf instruction booklet will be contained in your order confirmation email.* Please click here for more information to choosing the correct size range for you.
- A0 print out of the Cashmerette Appleton Wrap Dress in your chosen size range and Dressmakers cup size* Choose between the 0-16 size in C/D or E/F or G/H OR the 12-32 size in C/D or E/F or G/H range. Select your preference from the drop down menu below. Please click here for more information to choosing the correct size range for you. The C/D cup is also suitable for anyone who has a dressmakers B cup due to the negative ease in the garment, the stretchy fabric and the wrap around style - no alternation to the pattern required.
- Jersey Fabric - select from option below. The 'Up to US size 22' will contain 2.7m fabric. The 'Up to US size 32' will contain 3.5m fabric.
- 1 reel Matching Gutermann Sew All Thread
- Prym Jersey Sewing Machine Needles
- 20cm length of framilastic
- Sew in woven label - Made by me with g&g
- *A physical print out of the instruction booklet will NOT be included. You can view the instruction booklet on your device at home, print it out at home, or add the 'printed pattern instructions' product (see link below) to your order and we will print it for you.
Your kit will be wrapped in tissue and beautifully packaged in a recyclable cardboard box.
Alongside the purchase of this kit you will receive access to a Laurens exclusive YouTube video to be used alongside the pattern instructions. The video has over 20 minutes of footage, sectioned out with time stamps/chapters for easy reference and navigation where she shares her hints and tips for getting a lovely finish including finding the grainline on jersey fabric and using framilastic to stabilise the shoulder seams.
The link to the video will be contained in your order confirmation email along with the pdf files, please please file this safely for future reference.